Monday, March 5, 2012

3/5/12 World Dyed in Pink



 Blowing a kiss to my boyfriend.



This weekend I dyed my world in pink with Petal Pink RIT Fabric dye. At first I was aiming to have completely pink shorts but I didn't realize until I was dyeing my shorts there was going to be some blue in them. But that's okay! I love my dyed pink shorts. First I had to find an old pair of jeans I never wore then I cut the legs to the length I wanted and rolled them up. During the dying process I was happy that the stirring caused the edges of my shorts to fray. I was pleasantly surprised with the results overall. But after just dying one pair of shorts I realized I still have a big old bucket of pinkish red dye. I ran upstairs to grab a plain worn out white tee that wasn't truly white anymore from the wear and dunked it in the dye for less than a minute making sure not to make it too bright a pink. Then I threw both of my items in the dryer and ta-dah a pink wardrobe! I will be doing a DIY on how to get pure colored jeans pretty soon. These shorts were only a little practice run.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment