Monday, May 7, 2012

5/7/12 Salton Sea Photo Diary

Luis and I on a couch we found in the sea.
Make yourself at home. ;)
Brian, Luis, and me exploring the beach.
Fish skeletons cover the ground with which it is made of.

Luis and Patrick chilling. 

My homeboy Luis!
Luis, Brian, and I were watching the tube.

Photography by the wonderful Ray Nikpour and Patrick!

Background story! Okay so my friend Ray is competing in an environmental video contest and I was his actress! We took about a three hour road trip out to the Salton Sea in Palm Springs during the weekend of Coachella (It's funny cause we went to Coachella without actually going to it hehe). After we arrived to an abandoned community, getting out of that car literally took my breath away. The air was no longer inhale-able burning my throat and noise with each breath of stinging pure salt. Anyway, after getting over the air and extreme heat we wandered the area and took the video. Did I mention there was no sand on that beach? The white sandy looking stuff surrounding the brown water is actually entirely made up of crushed fish bones and dead barnacles. NO LIE! Nevertheless, I cannot wait to see the final video though by Ray because I think the trip was so worth the apocalyptic scenery and the fact that I had a blast with my friends. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment