Sunday, January 8, 2012

1/8/12 Art Show

(Chris and I standing in front of A Plank for Every Pirate)
        Last night my boyfriend's family invited me to go with them to Glenn Kaino's(bf uncle) art showcase in Culver City LA hosted by Honor Fraser's gallery. Chris has shown me a few pictures of his uncle's art in magazines before so I kind of anticipated some unusual pieces. It was interesting to think that he throws together all these pieces, puts them on display, and actually go out there and sell them. I saw him explaining to a group of people his work and I thought you must be a really good salesman to get all this publicity and earn a living from it.
        This was the first time I've gone to an art gallery other than the community art exhibit near my house. It was pretty stressful because there were so many people...and dogs haha. I love dogs. :) But I get pretty anxious when there are people trying to walk here, then there, and taking pictures of the art over my shoulder so I didn't really take any pictures with my camera. Chris, on the other hand, had his camera around his neck and took a good amount of lovely photos from last night. So as soon as he emails me the pictures I'll post them up.
        Chris is wearing transparent wayfarer glasses, a plaid shirt, Sovereign Code bow tie, Sabit varsity jacket, blue jeans, and Mario Nike's. I'm wearing my sisters gold colored necklace, Renuar white dress and sheer top that she got in Israel, a pin striped grey blazer, over the knee heather grey socks from Target, Mossimo suede wedges.
<3
Oh! And we saw Lisa Edelstein (Cuddy from House) there! She had gorgeous baby blue eyes and she was much shorter than I expected. But AH! I LOVE HOUSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment